Effective December 1, 2018
Welcome to Voice of San Diego, a news, information and communication service available on the internet at https://www.voiceofsandiego.org/ (the “Site”).
GENERAL RULES AND DEFINITIONS
Content is any information or content on the Site.
Copyright Agent is the person to contact (at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you believe that VOSD or any User has infringed on a legitimate copyright in any material way.
Member is a User who donates a minimum of $35 per year to VOSD and receives donor benefits such as member email messages and free or discounted admission to events.
Registered User is a User who registers for a User ID to submit comments on the Site. A Registered User need not be a Subscriber.
Service is any services provided in connection with the Site.
Site is the voiceofsandiego.org website operated by VOSD.
Submission is any submission by a Registered User in any public message area on the Site.
Subscriber is a User who provides an email address and requests VOSD to send one or more newsletters to that email address.
User is any living individual who is using the Site or the Service.
User Content is any information you provide to VOSD or other Users in the registration process, in any public message area (including the forums area), or through an email feature.
Username is the screen identifier of a Registered User, Subscriber, or Member.
VOSD is Voice of San Diego, a member-based nonprofit investigative news organization based in San Diego, California.
At this time, there is no cost for using any part of the Site. From time to time there may be premium content available via subscription or surcharge, and those areas will be clearly marked.
Copyrights and Trademarks
Material published on the Site, including articles, photos, graphics, bulletin board postings, audio and video clips, and other content (collectively, “Content”), is copyrighted by VOSD, or by other information providers who have licensed their content for use on the Site. Additionally, the entire Content of the Site is also copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws; the owner of the collective work is VOSD.
VOSD and its logos are service marks or trademarks of VOSD, a California nonprofit public benefit corporation. For information regarding our content sharing policy, please see https://www.voiceofsandiego.org/content-sharing-policy/.
When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or Content in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your Username. The burden of proving that such Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
You may, however, electronically store a reasonable portion of Content for your personal, non-commercial use by making a single electronic copy on your computer’s hard drive, a single copy on a disk or other media or a single copy in printed form. You agree, however, that you will not store or archive a significant portion of the Content or create a database using the Content.
These rules also apply:
- You will not in any way violate the intellectual property laws protecting the Content accessible through the Site. This means you agree not to copy, modify, publish, transmit, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or display the Content, including logos, trademarks or service marks, or otherwise violate the proprietary rights of VOSD or others.
- You will comply with our Content Sharing Policy, available at https://www.voiceofsandiego.org/content-sharing-policy/
- You will cooperate promptly and completely with any reasonable request by VOSD related to an investigation of infringement of copyright or other proprietary right.
To obtain permission to reuse or republish any material copyrighted by VOSD, please contact email@example.com. For permission to reuse or republish VOSD copyrighted material in printed formats, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. VOSD cannot grant permission to reuse or republish material from other information providers. Please contact them directly.
User Content is any information you provide to us or other Users in the registration or subscription process, in any public message area (including the forums area) or through any email feature. You are solely responsible for User Content, and we act as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of User Content. User Content must conform to the guidelines set forth under Online Conduct below. VOSD reserves the right to remove any material that it believes may violate these Terms or Use, or any copyright or third-party rights.
If you believe that VOSD or any user the Site has infringed your copyright in any material way, please notify our Copyright Agent and provide the following information:
- An identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- An identification of the material on the Site that you claim is infringing or is subject to infringing activity, with enough detail so that we can locate the material on our Site.
- Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you declaring that the above information in your notice is accurate, made under penalty of perjury, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest involved.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
The Copyright Agent for Voice of San Diego can be reached by emailing email@example.com. Voice of San Diego and its logos are registered service marks or trademarks.
By submitting any User Content to any public message area on the Site (“Submissions”), you are consenting to its display and publication on the Site and in the Services and for related online and offline promotional uses, and you automatically grant VOSD a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), license to use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, create derivative works of, distribute, transfer or sell any such content, for any purpose, including commercial purposes, without any payment to you, in any type of media or in any form now known or later developed. In addition, you automatically waive and give up any claim that any use of such content violates any of your rights, including privacy rights, publicity rights, moral rights or any other right, including the right to approve the way VOSD uses such content.
- You shall not provide any information that is false, misleading or inaccurate.
- You shall not use any portion of the Site for any unlawful purpose and will comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations.
- You shall not use any portion of the Site for uploading, posting, e-mailing, transmitting or otherwise making available Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. Only the owner or a representative designated by the owner may upload copyrighted material to the Site.
- You shall not use any portion of the Site for uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available Content that is harmful to minors in any way, or that is harassing, harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, libelous, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- You shall not use any portion of the Site for uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available junk mail, commercial advertisements, or any other form of commercial solicitation.
- You shall not attempt to interfere with any other person’s use of the Site.
- You shall not misrepresent your identity nor impersonate any person.
- You shall not hold yourself out as sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with VOSD.
- You shall not attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by VOSD in connection with the Site.
To register a complaint about another User’s conduct, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to VOSD, 110 W A Street, Suite 650, San Diego, CA 92101.
Children’s Use of Voice of San Diego
Voice of San Diego is particularly concerned with providing a safe online environment for children. We do not knowingly collect data from children under 13 years of age. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Other services and information providers accessible through the Site have their own policies about children’s privacy, and you should contact them directly for their policies.
While VOSD strives for accuracy, it does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information or database on our service. Nor does VOSD guarantee or warrant that any files available for downloading will be free of defects. While we take reasonable steps to ensure that no viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other destructive properties are present, the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Site and the accuracy and completeness of any information is with the User. Likewise, VOSD does not warrant that our service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Opinions, advice and all other information expressed on the Site bulletin boards represent the individual’s own views and not necessarily those of VOSD. VOSD does not endorse and is not responsible for statements, advice, and opinions made by anyone other than authorized VOSD spokespeople.
Any investment decisions or other actions that users take based on information available on the Site should first be reviewed by a competent financial adviser or other professional.
THE SITE AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT OR ANY OTHER SERVICE OR PRODUCT ON OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ANY LINK TO ANOTHER WEBSITE OR RESOURCE).
VOSD’S liability to you is limited. To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall VOSD be liable for damages of any kind, including but not limited to (i) any special, incidental, consequential, or indirect damages of any kind (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like) arising out of or in connection with the use of or inability to use the Site, or any information or services provided on the Site, even if VOSD has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or (ii) any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies published on the Site.
This agreement between VOSD and its Users will be governed and interpreted under the laws of the United States and the State of California, without reference to their rules regarding conflicts of law. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts in San Diego County, California in any and all disputes arising out of or related to the use of the Site or the Service. In the event that any provision of this agreement is found to be in conflict with the law, such provision shall be restated to reflect the original intent, and all other terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by VOSD or by any third party.
California Use Only
The Site is controlled and operated by VOSD from its offices in the State of California. VOSD makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Site should not be construed as VOSD’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than California.
VOSD offices are located at 110 West A St. Suite 650, San Diego, CA 92101; (619) 325-0525.
Questions and Comments About the Site
We hope you enjoy using the SIte. Questions and comments about the content of the Site may be submitted in e-mail to VOSD at firstname.lastname@example.org. We read all comments sent to us and try to respond to as many as possible.
Technical questions regarding your software, your configuration or your connection should be directed to your internet provider. VOSD cannot address questions except those specifically about content and services that we provide.