Here are Scott Lewis’ five things you need to know about for the week of Nov. 3-9:
- SDSU is on the hook to make good on these promises now that Measure G passed .
- The city attorney believes Measure G is illegal but said she won’t bring a case against it .
- What do SoccerCity, Lorie Zapf and Myrtle Cole have in common? They were all endorsed by Mayor Kevin Faulconer, and they all lost big in Tuesday’s election.
- Jen Campbell and Monica Montgomery ousted incumbents, giving Democrats a veto-proof majority on the City Council .
- San Diego Unified School District is celebrating the passage of a new school bond. The campaign for Measure YY was funded in part by construction companies. Companies that donated to earlier bond campaigns ended up receiving lucrative contracts from the district .
Video not displaying? View it at nbcsandiego.com .
Watch The Friday Five every week on NBC San Diego, Friday nights during the 6 p.m. newscast.