Saturday, October 6, 2018
University of San Diego 12:00‑6:30 p.m.
What is Politifest?
Politifest is a San Diego public affairs summit produced by Voice of San Diego. The event focuses on the issues and candidates that will dominate the November ballot. We’ll have a full schedule of debates, panels and one-on-one interviews with experts, and provide a platform for residents to raise their voices, ask tough questions and delve into important issues. Politifest serves as a crash course in politics and policy, and provides insights into how our local government works.
Who will be there?
- Voice of San Diego
- University of San Diego
- San Diego State University, School of Journalism and Media Studies
- Speakers and panelists: Elected officials, candidates and local experts
- Attendees: VOSD members, general public, students and sponsors
How much do tickets cost?
Enter promo code “student” at checkout to claim your free ticket. Complimentary tickets are available to students from any college, university or high school. A valid student ID will be required for admission.
Includes a one-year VOSD membership!
How can my company or organization get involved?
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Contact Iris Magid at email@example.com if you are interested in becoming a sponsor. For all other inquiries, please contact Ana Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host a Community Conversation
Want to get even more involved? Sign up to host a community-led discussion on a topic of your choice by completing our application form.
- SoccerCity, SDSU West or None of the Above, a Debate
- The Ballot Measures, Explained
- Mayors in the Middle
- San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer
- Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg
- Tijuana Mayor Juan Manuel Gastelum
- The Future of California
- Assemblyman Chad Mayes (R-San Bernardino)
- Assemblywoman Shirley Weber (D- San Diego)
- Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez (D-San Diego)
- Town Hall: Life, Undocumented, in the Trump Era
Presented by HuffPost
- Rent Control: Can It Do What the Market Can’t?
Prop. 10 debate presented by CalMatters
- Exit Interview With Assemblyman Rocky Chavez
Presented by CalMatters
- Interview With Mike Levin, Democrat, Candidate for 49th Congressional District
- Live Podcast: The Future of the City
Scott, Sara and Andy with special guests
- Community Led Panels
- Closing Reception
Check back soon for a complete listing of Politifest events, including debates, panel discussions and more!